Swell Submission Form Submit your ad to the Swell e-newsletter with our simple online form Share on facebook Facebook Share on twitter
Chamber internship opportunity
Chamber Internship Opportunity: 2021 Summer Events & Tourism Intern
Join a dynamic community organization that strengthens small businesses and area tourism! The Brainerd Lakes Chamber of Commerce is seeking an intern for the summer of 2021. The Summer Events and Tourism Intern will help plan and execute major community events and be a smiling face in the Crosslake and Pequot Lakes Welcome Centers. We are looking for an individual who is seeking a future career in hospitality and tourism. The intern should be outgoing, independent, curious, adaptable, efficient, and a good team player.
- Social Media – Ability to post interesting and relevant posts to Facebook and Instagram daily
- Guest Services – face to face interactions, answer phones, provide guidance for visitors inquiries for activities, lodging, restaurants, parks and trails.
- Event Planning – Ability to assist with all planning and execution efforts for Pequot Lakes Stars & Stripes and Bean Hole Day events in July.
- Chamber Support – Attend Brainerd Lakes Chamber Staff meetings and event committee planning meetings
- Summer 2021 (13 weeks of work), start date negotiable
- $12 per hour / 20 hours per week (additional hours may be expected during busy events)
- Must be available to work Pequot Lakes events July 15 and July 12-16, 2021
- Knowledge of the Crosslake and Pequot Lakes communities
- Strong Organizational skills
- Basic Computer skills and email correspondence
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and carry up a flight of stairs
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Facebook and Instagram and willingness to learn new computer programs
- Ability to work independently, communicate professionally and multitask when necessary
Find more to explore.
Webinar How will the Biden vaccine mandate impact your business? Share on facebook Facebook Share on twitter Twitter Share on linkedin LinkedIn
Chamber Member Promotions Why not work where you can play? Share on facebook Facebook Share on twitter Twitter Share on linkedin LinkedIn