Blue Ox Business Academy
An immersive experience in personal leadership growth through the exploration of community sectors, challenges and opportunities.
Registration now OPEN for Leadership Experience training!
Join a growing group of nearly 500 individuals representing businesses from across the Brainerd Lakes Area by signing up for Leadership Experience training. This program is designed for the emerging leaders and high-potential employees to develop essential skills and insights into their leadership character. Seats fill up fast, so don’t wait to register.
Through Leadership Experience training, participants will build relationships and gain an inside view of the region’s public, private, and nonprofit sectors. Upon completion of the program, all are challenged to take the next step in their organization and community.
This program is only offered to Chamber Members. Cost is $995 per person and limited to 40 individuals. Through the support of Anderson Brothers Construction, scholarships (25% discount) are available upon request and approval by Paula Chapulis to non profit organizations and small businesses with fewer than 5 employees.
Wednesday, September 23rd & Thursday, September 24th, 2021
- One overnight
- Opening Retreat: Myers-Briggs Profile, Leadership Traits & Styles, Leadership Communication, Community Service Projects
- Attendance Mandatory
Thursday, October 7th, 2021
- Tourism Experience
Thursday, November 4th, 2021
- Manufacturing and Business Experience
Thursday, December 2nd, 2021
- Non-Profits Experience
Thursday, January 13th, 2022
- Health Care Experience
Thursday, January 17th, 2022
- Diversity Experience (a.m. only)
Thursday, February 10th, 2022
- Education Experience
Thursday, March 3rd, 2022
- Public Service Experience
Thursday, March/April, 2022
- Date TBD (based on state government schedule)
- Community Experience: Legislative Day at the Capitol
Thursday, May 5th, 2022
- Media Experience
- Area History Experience
- Community Service Project Presentations
- Commencement will be held at the Celebration of Leaders in June 2022.