Business After Hours: Lakes Area Restorative Justice Program & Bridges of Hope
PARKING: This event will be held in a tent behind the building located on South 7th Street. There will be minimal parking in their parking lot near the tent. Street parking on both sides is available. Parking at the shelter is also available.
Gather your team and join Lakes Area Restorative Justice Project (LARJP) and Bridges of Hope (BOH) as they host our next Business After Hours on Tuesday, October 24th at their joint office in Downtown Brainerd! Business After Hours are our most popular networking events — Chamber Members and non-Members learn about our event host while mingling with the local business community.
Tour The Bridges on 7th — the local overnight shelter located next door on South 7th Street — while enjoying delicious appetizers and beverages (cash bar, pop & water). Learn more about LARJP and Bridges of Hope from their executive directors, Brian Andrews and Jana Shogren, during their interview with Matt Kilian, Brainerd Lakes Chamber President, during this free social event.
Guests are encouraged to stay until the end for a chance to win fabulous prizes provided by the host! Attendees are also encouraged to bring door prizes.
- Gift basket provided by Bridges of Hope ($100 value)
- Gift basket provided by Bridges of Hope – Common Goods (3- $50 value)
- Gift basket provided by Lakes Area Restorative Justice Project (2- $50 value)
- 4:30 PM: Networking, appetizers, beverages and tours of The Bridges on 7th (overnight shelter located next door)
- 5:20 PM: Introductions
- 5:30 PM: Host interview
- 5:50 PM: Drawing for door prizes (must be present to win!)
Meet the Hosts
- Bridges of Hope has built a strong community support system that provides Resource Connections Services to their neighbors in the Brainerd Lakes Area. Recently they have added Operation Sandwich and the Community Overnight Shelter, programs that offer immediate assistance to those who need it most.
- Lakes Area Restorative Justice Project is an approach to justice which involves the victimes, the offender and the involved community. It is a diversion program away from the traditional court systems, designed to give a ‘second chance’ to the offender and a ‘voice’ to the victim.
Everyone is invited to learn more about the Chamber and gain exposure for their business by attending this free event. Business After Hours attendees pass the microphone and introduce themselves to the group, so bring your business cards and get ready to network! Attendees are also encouraged to bring door prizes.
As a courtesy to the host, advanced registration is recommended. To make your reservation, register at the link below or call (218) 829-2838.