7 tips on how to communicate with your employees during times of uncertainty
- Be authentic and transparent: What your employees need most in times of uncertainty is transparency and trust. Be yourself. Be real. Be open.
- Double your communication: Think you are already sending a lot? Double it! It is vitally important to keep employees informed and on the same page.
- Daily virtual team meetings: This allows your team to connect with each other and to plan for the day and to make decisions as a group. Try a 15-minute coffee break so that your team can talk about something other than work since our normal connections aren’t available.
- Daily one-on-ones: Reach out to your employees just as you would in the office. If you weren’t doing this before, start now.
- Reach out to your customers: Find out how they are doing, what they need, and how you can help. Ask them for ideas and then respond.
- LISTEN: More than anything, let your employees or customers talk and really listen. Also listen for what they are not saying. If you can’t figure that out, ask, “What are you afraid to tell me?”
- Ask for help. From your colleagues, neighbors, friends, banker, etc. If you are in a dire financial situation, call on your banker, utilities company, credit card, insurance agent, suppliers, etc. to have a conversation about how you can work together to get through the crisis.
Leadership Experience Registration now open for 2021 Leadership Experience training! Share on facebook Facebook Share on twitter Twitter Share on linkedin LinkedIn An immersive experience in personal leadership growth through the exploration …
Chamber Member Promotions Stop Wrestling with Your Technology & Contact GEEK2GO Today! Share on facebook Facebook Share on twitter Twitter Share on linkedin LinkedIn FREE Diagnostics | PC & Mac Repair | On-site …