COVID Relief Grants Available through Crow Wing County
IMPORTANT: Apply by the January 12 Deadline
Area counties will again disburse COVID relief funds to hurting businesses and nonprofits, this time through a State of Minnesota allocation of more than $1.2 million. Crow Wing County opened their Economic Assistance Grant Relief program last Friday, and we will share Cass County details as they become available. All funds must be expended by March 15 although local governments are working to get them out much quicker.
Earlier this fall, 385 organizations received more than $3.8 million of Crow Wing County’s federal CARES Act allocation. Given the limited state funds, it’s possible that smaller grants will be awarded depending on the number of applicants or other priority considerations. Our friends at BLAEDC are again administering the grant process and are always available to provide answers and coaching. They deserve many kudos for their efforts.
- Businesses and nonprofits that can demonstrate significant COVID related business disruption whether or not they were closed by an executive order.
- Must have 50 or fewer employees.
- Must have a physical location in Crow Wing County.
- Must be registered with the Secretary of State and have been operating since March 1, 2020.
- Documentation must be supplied to verify expenses and may not be duplicated expenses already reimbursed through the previous Crow Wing County CARES Act Grant Rounds 1 or 2.
- Professional service organizations, such as but not limited to accountants and attorneys.
- Organizations who provide housing in any form.
- Organizations that generate income from gambling.